Many everyday items have become very expensive as of late, including petrol to groceries, and load-shedding has made things difficult for many people. The economy is suffering and it can be tricky to navigate life. But the good news is that we can all play a part in supporting the local community and economy.
One way to do this is by supporting local stores and business owners. Here at Gift Acres Convenience Centre, we believe that community is important and that local truly is lekker!
Why You Should Support Local Stores
There are many reasons to support local businesses, but here are some of the main points to consider:
- Supports the Local Economy: Locally owned shops tend to cycle revenue back into the economy and community.
- Benefits the Public: Local stores require less infrastructure than large chain stores. They also tend to make more use of public services in the area.
- Job Creation: Local businesses create more job openings within the local community and, often, pay better.
- Community Inclusion: Since the owners are locals, this means that any decisions to be made regarding the store will more likely take the community into account. This is because these decisions are being made by an actual member of the community as opposed to a third-party corporation.
- Creates Competition: More local businesses mean a larger marketplace to challenge bigger counterparts. This leads to more competitive and lower prices in the long term.
How You Can Support Local Stores
Now that you are aware of some of the benefits of supporting local businesses, you’re probably wondering how you can better support them. There are numerous ways you can support your local shops:
- Shop Locally More Often: This may seem obvious, but many people tend to wander to chain stores and massive shopping malls before even considering shopping locally. This may also be attributed to a lack of awareness. Take the opportunity to visit your local centre’s Store Guide and see if you’ve missed out on something local and special.
- Buy Gifts: While many people order gifts online nowadays since they can then have their purchases delivered, they might be missing out. If you choose to buy a gift at a local store, you may find something more unique and this could encourage your friends to visit the store as well. Many smaller businesses also tend to offer delivery and add a personalised touch to the entire experience.
- Share on Social Media: The biggest gift for local shops is brand awareness and online reviews. So, why not post an online review sharing your experience of the exceptional service received from Lynwood Domestic Services after they have fixed your appliance, for example. Or post a photo of the lovely haircut you got from Hair Trends and share away!
If you are ready to support local stores with everything on offer, contact Gift Acres today and let us introduce you to some of the best local businesses we have available.